Katnook lies in the heart of Coonawarra, Australia’s premier red wine district.
Planted on the famous terra rossa soils, Katnook’s winemaking history stretches back to 1896, when Coonawarra’s second vintage was made in the Katnook woolshed by Scottish immigrant John Riddoch.
Katnook’s single varietal wines are crafted with an uncompromising commitment to the finest quality and Coonawarra’s regional integrity. The wines have twice won Australia’s most prestigious trophy, the Jimmy Watson as well as a string of international accolade. Katnook boasts three wines in the Langton’s Classification of Australian wines.
Katnook is also the official wine for Australia's largest arts organisation, Opera Australia.
The wines are offered under three ranges: Katnook Founder’s Block (fruit forward wines); Katnook Estate (intense, complex wines) and the Limited Release range (exceptional wines from exceptional vintages).
- Established - 1980
- Location - Riddoch Highway Coonawarra SA 5371.
- Wine Region – Coonawarra, South Australia
- Winemaker - Tim Heath. Viticulturist – Chris Brodie
- Cellar Door Manager - Michelle Stehbens.
- Annual production is approx. 100 000 dozen made entirely from around 2,000 tonnes of fruit, all of which is grown on the 200 hectare Estate.
Connect with Katnook
Find your nearest distributor contact details.